Software: beastie

Norman Gray gray at nxg.name
Sun May 19 10:23:52 CEST 2024

Hello, all.

I've released 'beastie', which is a .bib processor.  It's at
https://nxg.me.uk/dist/beastie/ (version 0.8).

This is an experiment in BibTeX processing, which provides an
alternative mechanism for programming bibliography generation,
implemented in Scheme.  As a proof of functionality, it uses that
mechanism to create an implementation of the .bst language.  Thus it's
able to act as a (tentative) drop-in replacement for the bibtex program,
adding slightly improved error reporting and debugging support.

The code here works reliably, for me, but I'm uncertain what the next
useful direction would be.  I can imagine this would be a good starting
point for a CSL implementation, for example, but have no
current/pressing need for such a thing myself.

Any thoughts or comments would of course be most welcome.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  https://nxg.me.uk